Friday, November 23, 2012

BFE... Best Friend Ever

I used to be jealous of people who had the same best friends since childhood. I figured that there is nothing better than to have a friend for a lifetime... someone who knows you so well, that they just instinctively know what's going on with you. Surely, it would take many years of "practice" to know someone that well. Having moved away from Germany almost 13 years ago, I figured this would just not happen for me. I do have a very dear friend over there (in Germany), whom I still am in touch with. And even after years of not seeing each other, when we do meet, we just go right back to where we left off. But, she lives at the other end of the world. How close can you be when you're that far away?

And then I met her... and she walked into my life quite shyly. And I had no way of knowing then that she would become my very best friend. And yet she did. She's that one person who's always there, who always listens, who always cares, who never blames or judges. I am one lucky woman to have found her. Who cares that we haven't known each other since childhood. I can't imagine my life without her in it.

Thank you, B, for everything. I love you, girl.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! You have me in tears!!! I love you more than I can say, my dear, sweet, amazing BFE . . .

    ReplyDelete