I'm sitting on a miniature chair of the nursery at our homeschool community. My son is playing with two little friends, and my daughter is in her Minstrels and Melodies class. And I feel like writing. Not sure what yet, but I'll come up with stuff.
1) I had a weird dream last night. I was on the run. Not sure what or who I was running away from. At some point I was able to take a break and checked into a small hotel. I sat in the lobby and noticed some books. I picked up one of them and realized that one of them was one of my books that has yet to be published, but in this lobby it was already a bestselling book. I was thrilled to see it, because for some reason I thought that now all I had to do was finish my book and sell it. After all it was on the market already. Don't understand? No worries, I don't either.
2) I woke up from this odd dream, tossed and turned in my bed and went back to sleep. And slipped right into the next weird dream. I was in a pool, swimming to the edge, but could never quite reach it. I swam and swam, and the edge never did come closer. Suddenly I saw myself, as if I was sitting on the outside, looking in... and there I saw myself... this tiny fish, wiggling around, trying to reach the edge without success. I was just getting really frustrated when I woke up again... and at that point decided it's no use trying to go back to sleep.
3) I went to the gym this morning, and for the first time (despite my crappy night) my energy seems to have returned a bit. I was able to run a full 30 minutes on the treadmill without the feeling that I was going to fall off if I ran even one more step. Granted, I took it slow and easy, but I ran. Hooray for me.
4) Today I'm booking my room for my beach getaway the last week in February. I am happy to get away. More than anything I could really use some peace and quiet right now. I looked at pictures from last time I went to the same place. I decided to print some of them out and frame them, then put them up on our bathroom wall. I want to see them all the time, not just occasionally. They make me feel calm and peaceful. And as of tomorrow, they can do so every single day.
5) Homeschoolers are not always happy. They don't always think about what a great life they have. They don't always want to have their children around. They're human. And sometimes they want to dri,ve up to the neighborhood school and drop off their kids. Right now I am struggling, and I know I'll get past it, but for the moment I don't like it much. And I will take as much time as I need to figure it out and love it again. And I know I will. Give me a couple of weeks.
6) I feel like building a fort. A bed fort. Give me some blankets and pillows, and I'll build a fort, and then I'll hide inside all day and read a book or listen to some music, or take a nap, or write into my journal. Building forts is something everyone should do every now and then.
7) Break time... pick up and deliver children to their classrooms. Have a nice day.