1. The year is almost over, and I'm trying to figure out what I've got to show for it. Sadly, not all that much in the writing business, not because of the lack of opportunity, but more of a lack of motivation. Well, it's back now, and I have good plans for 2011. :)
2. I think I may have posted a while ago that I wanted to lose weight. 15 pounds please. I didn't.
3. I tried to be a better mom... We shall see in about 10-15 years if I'm successful at this.
4. As always around this time of the year I miss home. My daughter is too far away, my niece is growing up without me, I miss my parents... and I'm a little frustrated about where we're headed in this country. Of course I'd be frustrated in Germany too. It's just easier to get frustrated at America right before Christmas. ;)
5. We fly to Phoenix on the 16th... I will meet friends whom I haven't met in the 4.5 years since we left. I will meet friends whom I've never met (just online). And I will roam the streets that I called home for 6.5 years. It's always interesting to go back.
6. I have a decision to make about whether or not I want to run for re-election as a board member for an organization next summer. I don't know that I'm ready to make this decision, but it's no use... in three days I have to say Yay or Nay.
7. I've been teaching a Science class for 5 to 7 year olds. A couple of days ago I got a teacher evaluation (anonymously of course), and was disappointed that for teacher preparedness I only got 3 out of 5 possible points. I thought it went extremely well. I actually enjoyed the class a lot (even though I was kind of pushed into teaching it, because the other teacher bailed out)... and I'm bitter. I didn't think I would let this get to me so much.
8. I have one big, messy house. I'm afraid to say that none of us for have learned to clean up after ourselves. There is clutter everywhere, and it's driving me crazy. Any advice on how to get better about keeping a clean house would be much appreciated. :)
9. Facebook is evil! It has taken away from my blogging time. It has taken away from a lot of other times as well. Every now and then I want to just delete my account. And then I can't... because... well... I can't. :)
10. 'Tis the Season. AGAIN!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!