1) Pictures lie. Sometimes pictures make ugly things pretty, and pretty things prettier. Looking for houses based on RMLS listings is difficult. You look at the pictures online and love it. You go to the house and it's a shack!
2) We have looked at three houses so far... Already I'm feeling a little worn out. I fell in love with a place yesterday. Went home, checked out the booklet they left for prospective buyers in their kitchen, and noticed there is no A/C in the house. In Germany that would be okay, because houses are built differently. Here... not a chance. :( Bye bye house. If the house was cheaper altogether, we might be willing to put in an A/C. But at the price they're asking it would be too expensive.
3) Toothless Fairy has discovered math. Math used to be the difficult subject. Yesterday was a big "aha" day, and so she took out her book at night after dinner to do math. This morning after breakfast she took it out again and worked for another 20 minutes.
4) Blue Eyed Boy would like to play the Wii all day long please. Ideally we would put a pipeline from the kitchen to the living room, so he can eat every now and then without having to interrupt the game. I tried to give him more freedom with the screen time, because it worked for Shady Lady and Princess. It totally backfired at me. Blue Eyed Boy will NOT STOP EVER!!
5) Secular parents, if you would like to participate in a survey conducted by Foundation Beyond Belief you have until Friday to do so. Secular parenting survey.
6) It appears I have to work out three hours a day and skip all wine, beer, and chocolate if I ever want to lose even a single pound. Frustrating, that.
7) I can now run 6 miles! Almost halfway there to the 13 miles half marathon in April. One would think I'd be dropping weight... (yes yes, I know, it's all muscle weight, and that's great and awesome! Shut up, will you??)
8) 35 and pimply.
9) I love my life in spite of it all. :)
10) This writing thing is still not going anywhere.
11) I have the coolest friends ever. Thank you, friends!!