1) The husband woke up at 8:45am, came downstairs, warmed up some cold coffee from yesterday, because he ran out of new coffee... the phone rang, and he's gone. Good morning, Ogre!!!
2) I went out two nights in a row this week. TWO nights! I ended up in bed around midnight each night, which is not so bad, right? Woke up around 5 both mornings, tossed and turned until around 7, then got up. By last night I was a wreck. How was I ever able to dance the night away until 4 in the morning, and then get up at 9, because my whole family was up and yelling around the house?
Oh wait... I was 18.
3) I love my bangs. No really, I do. It took my hair a few days to understand, that it had to be bangs now. When it finally caved, I actually started liking it. The last compliment I got was, "Wow, I love your bangs, they make you look younger... Uhm, not that you looked old before." Gee, thanks. ;-)
4) I listened to the radio on the way to the gym this morning. Four commercials in a row included the phrase, "In times like these you... " Yeah, let's remind all those people out there, that it's "times like these", where everything is supposed to be really difficult for you. Don't you dare forget!!
5) Curse you PacificSource for rejecting me for Vitamin D deficiency. I dare you to test every single one of your employees. 95% of them will be mildly to severely deficient! It's flippin' Oregon! People are deficient here. We get to see the sun about an hour every now and then. In the summer we slather on enough sunscreen to fill my kids' inflatable pool. Vitamin D doesn't stand a chance! Oh, and thanks for punishing me for listening to my body and finding out what's wrong with it, so I can actually fix it and be a healthy human being. (No, really, people, you need to do your research about this. Even Arizonans are deficient in Vitamin D, because 1) they can't go outside, 2) when they do, they wear sunscreen!)
6) Note to self: If you want to be a famous writer, you actually need to do some writing every now and then. Just sayin'.
7) Taxonomy charts are fun and educational, and quite messy. Toothless Fairy wants to be a scientist now. It was a lawyer last week. And last month she wanted to be a doctor. In addition she'd like to be singer. I hope she gets to do it all. :)
8) I hated school. Really hated it with all my heart. I hated my teacher, because most of them were quite arrogant. They didn't get children. They pushed their curriculum. If you fell behind, oh well... tough shit. I also didn't care much for some of my classmates, but cared a lot about others. And I admit I'm a little sad, that those I cared for won't accept my friendship requests on FB. I'd love to catch up. Nothing else, just find out, what they're up to these days. *sigh*
9) How is it that people who send their children to public school get to say to me, upon finding out that I homeschool, "I could never do that." "Why would you do that to your child?", but it is not acceptable for me to ask, "Why would you send your child to public school?" Stop asking me these questions, and I won't ask you these questions. You can do with your child whatever you want. It's your child. Let me do what I want with mine. Thanks! ;)
10) I conquered the cable knit! Yippeeee!!! Cable sweater, here I come.
11) TFSMIF (Thank Flying Spaghetti Monster It's Friday).