1. People, sorry to ruin it for you, but today is April 1st. Watch out for the pranksters out there. It was 6:10am when the first one tried to tell me she's moving back to Alaska! HA!!! Not with me, DUDE! I am so not falling for it this year. Nope!!
2. Concerning my last post, I am, indeed, a very nice wife (the husband confirms this, and I swear the frying pan over his head has absolutely nothing to do with it). I always try to be supportive and understanding. And unlike what I've told Shady Lady yesterday, I know that people change. I am not some shallow weird chick, who can't stand a few extra pounds. NOT SO! But yes, I'd like my man to try as hard as I do, to stay in shape. :) Because yes, I am not doing it for myself only, but also because I want to look good for him.
3. Will someone PLEASE go back a page or so to participate in the contest? What's the purpose of a contest and three prizes, when all of three people are playing? Come on, people. I am giving away a book and chocolate. What's wrong with you? If Black Friday gets you all giddy, then certainly a little contest, for which you can stay at home, in your bed even, should have you jumping up and down. The drawing is tonight. Get with it!
4. My kitchen looks like crap. I told you he only cleans up half of it. I told you!
5. My search for a butler has been unsuccessful. As soon as I tell people it's an unpaid position, and they're doing it out of sheer goodness of their hearts, they run.
6. I have to admit that children's noise is aggravating to me. Sitting at Village in the nursery with 7 kids running around and making a ton of noise, had my toenails roll up, and by the time I left at 3pm I was ready for a drink, that I couldn't get because it was only 3pm. I never thought this would happen to me. I feel like I'm turning into my mother.
7. I wish, first time pregnant women were smart enough to call actual mothers for advice, rather than their friends who just had a miscarriage and will freak out on you on the phone, when you tell them you have spotting in your 8th week of pregnancy. Needless to say, all is well with the little bean... and I made her promise, that while it's wonderful that she has dear friends close by, she needs to consider talking to me or my mom or her own mom first.
8. I also wish, I could give all the knowledge I have after three pregnancies to her.
9. I own a fork and a spoon that used to belong to my brother when he was a baby 31 years ago. They're still in great shape, so I'm sending them to him. The circle closes. How beautiful is that?
10. I bought eye cream yesterday.
11. Toothless Fairy, "Mom, you are the most beautiful woman ever." Blue Eyed Boy, "When I get married the woman has to look just like you." Toothless Fairy, "Even when you're old and wrinkly, you'll still be the most beeeeauuutiful woman ever." These kids have good taste. ;) Oh wait, I'm supposed to be humble. Awe... thanks, kiddos. You are the most beeeeautiful kids ever. (I mean that. They totally are!)
12. Now, someone please hand me my shield. I must be cautious of April foolsters.
If anyone gets the feeling that I'm in a bit of a funk today, you are absolutely correct. I am.