1. Do I really want to hear more about the swine flu? I'm all flued out already.
2. I went to a landfill yesterday. It was a fieldtrip. The nice people there told us all the wonderful things they did to give back to nature. They showed us the wetlands they were so proud of, and the blue herons flying around, as we were standing on a pile of crap covered by grass. My daughter found a ladybug. Neither of my children has learned the lesson that lots of trash is bad. Indeed, I think they feel that lots of trash is good, because how else can you create big mountains to sit on and look down on beautiful wetlands? Hmmmmm...
3. It's week 5!!! (Of the last term that is. Soon it will be summer... and we will have park days galore and won't have a care in the world. Yippeee!!)
4. When a couple having sex in a dumpster makes it into the local news, I can't help wondering, what they're hiding from us. I mean, there have got to be some REAL news somewhere, right? Sex in a dumpster. MY GOSH! How did he manage to get her to agree to that?
5. I love early mornings... when it's just me and the birds... oh, and of course the refrigerator humming faithfully.
6. My mom was hit by a car, as she was driving to work on her motorcycle. She is bruised pretty badly, but exams at the hospital ruled out any fractures or such. She's lucky to be alive. I wish she'd stop riding motorcycles. My mom is somewhat accident-prone.
7. If I don't go to the store now, I won't have any breakfast. I believe my stomach will now take over and send me off.
8. I like my bloggy friends. Thank you.